Professional Indemnity Insurance for freelancers
For more than a decade Hiscox have offered professional indemnity insurance tailored to the needs of Freelancers. With their specialist knowledge of the Freelance industry Hiscox's underwriters understand the specific risks you face, and have built a policy that protects you from them.
The Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance policy for Freelancers can help protect your business if claims are brought against you by a client because of problems with work you have done for them.
You may need professional indemnity insurance if:
- You provide expertise, skills or advice to clients
- You produce materials that could infringe intellectual property rights
- You have access to client's confidential information
- You offer a professional service and could be challenged on your work.
For more on professional indemnity insurance and the four biggest disputes where it would protect your business click here.
Why choose Hiscox Freelancers professional indemnity insurance?
The policy includes cover for:
- Unintentional breach of a contract with a client - in our experience, breach of contract is one of the most common insurance claims in your industry and it's why we cover it as standard
- Negligence or breach of duty of care - making a mistake in your work or giving bad advice
- Infringement of intellectual property rights - for example, infringement of copyright or trademark, cyber-squatting violations or any act of passing-off
- Breach of confidence - sharing confidential or sensitive information without consent
- Defamation - making false or damaging claims about a person or organisation
- Civil liability - if a claim occurs because of your business activity for a client and we haven't specifically excluded it, it's covered
Hiscox offers retrospective cover
If you want the peace of mind that your professional indemnity policy will provide cover for similar work undertaken in the past, Hiscox can offer you retrospective cover as well.
What are the benefits of insuring with Hiscox?
- A range of cover levels available - get the protection your business needs
- A tailored policy to suit the needs of Freelancers
- No admin fees, so you can amend your policy as your business circumstances change
- Choose to pay your premium annually or monthly with interest-free Direct Debit
- Apply for a quote online or by phone
- UK based claims team
Policies are underwritten by Hiscox Underwriting Ltd on behalf of Hiscox Insurance Company Ltd. Hiscox Underwriting Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Hiscox Insurance Company Ltd is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority.