Insurance for Freelancers


What freelance insurance do I need?

As a freelancer, you work for yourself so you need to make sure to have insurance as a protection; something you wouldn’t have to think about if you were an employee.

Professional Indemnity Insurance for freelancers

For more than a decade Hiscox have offered professional indemnity insurance tailored to the needs of Freelancers. With their specialist knowledge of the Freelance industry Hiscox's underwriters understand the specific risks you face, and have built a policy that protects you from them.

IR35 Insurance

Whilst you will make the best efforts to ensure you are operating compliantly with the IR35 legislation, which for most, will mean operating ‘outside IR35’, HMRC have never and will be unlikely to ever, release their selection criteria for enquiries.

Private Healthcare Insurance for freelancers

As a freelancer, you should be enjoying all of the benefits that come from leaving permanent employment. WPA offers private healthcare insurance for freelancers and the self-employed. 

Business Insurance for Freelancers

A complex and once expensive area of freelance finance, many freelancers are now looking at the various freelance insurance policies which are available to protect you in the event of an accident at work or claims against you for negligence. Click here to inquire about professional indemnity, life cover and income protection insurance for freelancers.

Income Protection Insurance for freelancers

Whilst permanent employees have invariably have the benefit of at least 3 months pay in the event of accident or sickness, as a freelancer you are exposed to financial loss the first morning that you are unable to arrive on site, fit and ready to work. There are ways that you can protect yourself from hardship.

Life Insurance for freelancer

We have teamed up with CMME to provide life insurance. This can be a hugely important purchase as, unlike most permanent employees you have no employer to pay out should the worst ever happen.