Getting a mortgage as a freelancer
Some traditional lenders require three years of accounts for freelancers before they will even consider giving a mortgage. With such low percentage rates, many providers are happy to lend money with a more fitting amount of security and shopping around can provide excellent results.
Independent financial advisors can be a very good source of potential deals and, if familiar with your financial circumstances may hold sway with the provider to help leverage a deal.
Other sources of a good mortgage can be your local bank, as they know your financial situation better than anyone they may accept a mortgage proposal from you where others refuse.
At FreelanceUK, we’re committed to providing the best possible products & services for our members and that is why we have teamed up with Freelancer Financials; one of the UK’s leading mortgage specialists for contractors, freelancers, and self-employed professionals.
Get the right mortgage as a freelancer
As a freelancer, if you are thinking about either buying a new property, remortgaging or going for the buy-to-let option, Freelancer Financials can help you find your new home with a fair mortgage. Freelancers and the self-employed are usually treated unfairly as their income is not as regular as an employee. However, as Freelancer Financials specialise in the freelancer mortgages, you can be sure that you will get a fair deal. Freelancer Financials offer thier services to freelancers, small business owners, self-employed and contractors.
Why choose Freelancer Financials:
- Wholly independent, with access to all freelancer-friendly mortgage lenders
- Have helped banks and building societies devise their contractor lending criteria, so know precisely what to look for
- Have been successfully getting mortgages for freelancer since 2004
- We understand freelancing, so can interpret freelance income to mortgage lenders
- Borrow up to 5 times your annualised contract rate, subject to status
- We can often use just your current contract, an up to date CV, 3 months' bank statements and proof of ID to get you a mortgage
Start the conversation today
All that said, the biggest difference is that we get to know you. Your situation, career status and ambitions - they all should play a part in your mortgage choice. You should not be penalised for being a freelancer, and Freelancer Financials can help with that.
If you are thinking about buying a property or ready to put in an offer, speak to one of our specialist advisors today by completing this form.